"Lahti Search Consultants does one thing, and they do it well. Whether you call it a niche or boutique firm doesn’t matter. Their singular focus means they can stay incredibly close to the market and maintain high quality, personal, extended relationships. As someone who has been “handled” by other firms during previous employment searches, I can tell you how nice it was to have a continuous, open, and candid dialogue with Terry and her staff throughout my candidacy. And it continues to this day. She still checks in on how things are going...."
Michael Sexton Read More
Vice President of Enrollment Management
Santa Clara University
"I have worked in various capacities with other search firms, and I was particularly pleased with the time that Terry took to get to know Harvey Mudd so that she could speak knowledgably about what kind of person would be more effective there. Terry manages to maintain a balance between keeping the needs of the institution at the forefront while still making candidates feel as if they are valued throughout the process."
Thyra Briggs Read More
Vice President for Admissions and Financial Aid
Harvey Mudd College
"Terry and Richard did an excellent job. Every part of the search was customized to meet our particular needs, while the broad experience brought by the firm helped us to shape the process in a most professional way. The beginning on-campus sessions, in which they learned about our particular character and needs, were particularly outstanding."
David Oxtoby Read More
"Working with Lahti Search Consultants was among the very best experiences that I’ve had. They did a superb job in helping our team understand exactly whom we needed and why, and in listening to our disparate voices to understand the right fit for Drake. They produced a strong applicant pool and provided expert guidance to the search committee on evaluating candidates, preparing the committee for telephone and off-site interviews, and managing the candidates."
David Maxwell Read More
"When you work with Lahti, they stay on schedule, they stay on budget, and there are no surprises. They are competent, reliable, thorough, good listeners, and realistic in terms of helping you articulate your needs. They are also realistic in relation to what’s in the pool. They’re dynamite and fabulous! There are lots of search firms out there, but Lahti’s strength is being “boutique” and highly specialized in admission and enrollment searches—they are able to really get to know potential candidates well."
Nanci Tessier Read More
Former Vice President for Enrollment Management at University of Richmond
Current Vice Provost for Enrollment Management at Boston College
"College and university administrators who are seeking a well-connected search firm that is responsive and attentive should seriously consider Lahti Search Consultants. I have recommended them to other institutions and will continue to do so because of the fine work performed and the wonderful candidates they located."
Father Michael Engh Read More
Santa Clara University
"They knew who the best candidates were, but more importantly they were able to assess qualified candidates who were a good match with our needs. We had a very well qualified pool and successfully completed the search in a timely fashion. We concluded our search with an excellent match and have benefited tremendously from the results."
Kathy Krendl Read More
"We found the team at Lahti Search Consultants to be uniquely qualified to identify, recruit, and secure strong leadership. They are the best. From the moment we set to work together to craft a position profile our first vice president of enrollment search in over 30 years, all the way through to the signing of a contract for our new VP, Terry and the team showed why they are so highly regarded:
- They are smart. They instantly understood the unique opportunities and challenges involved in our institution, recognizing and appreciating the qualities of our community and the kind of innovative leader who would suit our needs and who would thrive in this position.
- They are connected. Terry and the team know the business of college admissions, and they know everyone in the business. On our first meeting, after a series of probing questions, Terry began to imagine potential good fits for our situation. Some of the individuals she mentioned were among our finalists, and one turned out to be our new VP.
- They are focused. They were always available, day or night, regardless of the difference in time zones, providing information, checking in on progress, offering suggestions, seeking references, and floating candidates. They were so responsive, they made us feel as if we were the only client with whom they were working.
- They are organized. They ran the search with an unusual degree of professionalism, attentiveness to detail, and just plain grace.
- They have impeccable integrity. Each of them earned our confidence and that of our candidates, all of whom spoke of Terry and her team with the highest admiration.
- They are effective. The outcome of our search could not have been more impressive. We devised a “walking on water” position profile and, thanks to the Lahti team, secured a new vice president of enrollment who could do just that—and has.
There is no one better for a college admission search than Lahti Search Consultants."
Ronald R. Thomas Read More
University of Puget Sound
"All of our expectations were met during in the search process—a diverse and talented pool was developed, and the communications stream with all channels was superbly managed. The firm knows how to listen, how to dispel worries, and how to respect the particular traditions of a campus."
William Fox Read More
St. Lawrence University
"They (Lahti Search Consultants) carefully guided me on how to evaluate appropriate opportunities, gave me helpful feedback, and were always open, honest and transparent. I always felt that they were working on my behalf to find a position that was a fit, rather than simply getting the deal done."
William Mullen, Ed.D Read More
Vice President of Enrollment Management